A significant element in our success is the proprietary method of applying hard surface tungsten materials to meet your specific application. Whether applied to new or refurbished tools, tools last significantly longer, especially in extreme drilling conditions. Experienced and highly trained precision welders utilize Oxyacetylene, Mig, Tig, Stick, PTA , Carbide tiles and other customized hard wear and surface materials and applications to meet your needs. Our PermCoat applications have been developed over years of experience and field application and has proven to be the most durable hard coating in the industry.
Some typical hardsurface applications we perform:
- PTA (HF-6000 equivalent) – PTA is a thermal process for apply wear and corrosion resistant layer on surfaces of metallic and non metallic materials. It is used primarily to hardsurface drilling motor parts such as bent housing, kick pads, bearing housing, sleeve stabilizers, radial bearings and non-mag drill collars. We are able to formulate many different mixtures of tungsten carbide and nickel base powder to meet any of out customers needs.
- Hard Wire –A specialized welding process using nickel based tube wire filled with fused tungsten carbide or spherical fused tungsten carbide for hardsurfacing has proven to be very effective as well…increasing wearability in selected applications. The control and ease of Mig welding as opposed to Oxy-Acetylene brazing improves quality and greatly decreases the heat affect zone and overall heat input into parts.
- PermCoat Premium (HF-2000)– Used primarily for hardsurfacing stabilizers. This is our premium coating for stabilizers utilizing a nickel silver matrix with carbide ½ rounds and carbide chips. This is a very durable coating that is completely repairable and has become the coating of choice for numerous stabilizer rental companies.
- PermCoat Lite (HF-5000) – Used primarily for hardsurfacing stabilizers. This has the same matrix as the PermCoat™ premium without the ½ rounds.
- 1018 (HF-1000)– Premium hardsurface coating composed of 1018 composite rod (welding material with carbide chips blended with 1018 welding material). This is a durable which is less expensive than premium coatings and ideal for use on Weld-On blade stabilizers.
- PermCoat CutRite – This hardsurface coating is used for fishing tools and mills to provide a durable and robust hardsurfacing material.